Sunday, May 07, 2006

Well peace be on to you people!

Not blogged for a little while. This does not mean that there was nothing to blogg about. On the contrary my friends! So much has happened to me in the last few days that I just feel the need to share and therefore unburden myself. I fear that my blogg page is going to be full of I HATE THE WORLD publications. Then I realised that’s is why I started to do this anyway – to get things of my chest that I couldn’t necessarily tell people or that I didn’t WANT to tell people.

So onto the actual events that have happened to me. The episode that is really fresh in my mind is the Bank holiday Monday when I telephoned my family (I always call home when I am working as you never know what could have happened since leaving that morning) at 10 am and speak to my little AD who tells me ‘everything is fine and I am looking after the Little Man as Hoyo is not feeling well’. I tell her basically to give my salaam to my mum and give her a kiss for me and I leave it at that.

I ring again at 3pm and instead of ‘wasalam’ to my ‘salam’ my brother says to me ‘sorry but the ambulance is taking mum to the hospital, can I ring you back?’ I had to replace the telephone and ring back to double check that I had heard my brother rightly.
Course it was true and my mum is delivered to A+E. I was already working a long day on the second floor in the same hospital and suffice to say I hardly spent two minutes in my ward for the rest of my shift. The staff in A+E hated me at the end of the night.

My mum was diagnosed with a clot of the lungs – but not really! Cause the medical profession are very inept in diagnosing people and will always treat such things as clots even if they are not really there! Basically to cut a long story short – three days later and a few (very expensive) tests my mum was informed that the clot never existed or that the treatment worked! Wow! Amazingly clear is it not?

So basically I had a very hectic three days without any rest and restitution! I still look like a zombie and it’s nearly a week later.

My mum is fine now and back to looking after the whole troops at home.

Peace people till I get my next episode up.

4 Comments:

Blogger white african said...

subhannallah, i pray that allah swt always keep her for you, thats scary, hope she s recovered and doing just fine inshallah,

12:47 pm  
Blogger NATIVE said...

As WA said above may Allah always keep her for you. It's very scary situation to be in....

May Allah grant her good health

Ameen ya Rabb

10:49 pm  
Blogger NM said...

your complaining about the way mano broke the news to you, seriously ETI you almost gave me a heart attack with your matter of fact tone and then i did the same with my mum and she had a mini panic and it spread like wild fire for there onwards.

Alhamdulilah she is well, inshallah she will remain with us for decades to come!!

12:13 pm  
Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

LOL! I didn't mean to keep it matter of fact but it was my coping strategy you know? Jazakallah khair for your Duas all. I'll pass it on to mummy

9:56 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home