Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Cha..Cha...Changes

I have not blogged recently as I have not realy felt the need to. Normaly I feel like I need to say something but over the last few days/weeks (I am very hazy on time passing at moment) I have been too worried and excited about things in my life to blog.

As per usual I have been working - I have done the longest strech of nights in the WORLD! I am just about to finish tonight a 12 night strech. It has been intersting to say the least. To be honest though I feel like I have improved as a nurse. I have gotten better with my time keeping if not with my sleeping. It has been even harder than usual to sleep on this strech of nights. I have managed perhaps an average day sleep of 4-5 hours. It is realy showing on me!!!


After tonight I am free as a bird for a whole month. I am having a birthday party for the Little Man who is turning 4 tomorrow (10/01/07).

Then it's pack like crazy for me as I head to the Capital for few days before departing to Abu Dhabi for 4 WEEKS! I am excited and scared at the same time.

I am excited that I am going to be seeing another way of living - from the not working perspective as well as from the change of enviroment. I am excited that I will have the opportunity to explore a new city/country and get to discover it in my own pace and way. I am terribly excited about having so much time on my hands. I have not had that since I finished University and started working 4 years ago now. I am looking forward to making use of that time to reaquaint myself with my Deen. Read the Quran the way I mean to read instead of the way I do now - fast and to get it done with. Pray those extra prayers that I normaly think "I don't have time for"


I am mostly excited about letting my body and mind recover from the crap that I put it through. I am especialy aiming on getting the recomended 8 hours of quality sleep AT NIGHT!!!!

On the other hand I am very nervous about going away and travelling by myself. It is a long way and invloves changing planes in Doha. I am terrible when it comes to changing trains and in my own city here. I dread to think what I could do wrong.For the time being the excitement wins over the fear. Lets hope it stays that way.


I am even looking forward to being in the capital for a few days. I booked my flight with the intention of seeing a certain friend of mine who I have not seen for well over a year. I had thought that if I booked the flight from London then I would definitely see her but alas she has not replied to text or phone calls. I suppose the intention was there so I hope to atleast to make her realise that I did mean to see her and not just leave without a Salam. I pray that you are well and recovering fast. Ameen.

I plan on blogging while away so hopefuly this might even become a holiday diary...



Please keep me in your prayers






20 Comments:

Blogger The Godfather said...

Sources have led me to believe that you can draw, and that you are very, very good at it too.

Are my sources correct?

10:21 am  
Blogger lostkitty said...

ur coming and I'm gonna see u!!! I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!

6:26 pm  
Blogger NM said...

You asked us to keep you in our du'a thats something i can guarantee sweetness.

I am very pleased that i made it to see the little man and to give you my salam.

I think its the lack of sleep but am feeling a lot of love towards you that i want to share ;)

Firstly you have been an older sister and a friend, not many ppl can play a dual role and to think i wont' see you for 7months makes me really sad.

Seeing your beautiful EVER smiling face and your never-ending optimism, the way you get stressed when your plans change on you. The many blessed car trips we have had and the laughs you have provided to my little world.Make me love you and as we have been in this life may allah bless us to be in the next.

i am very pleased that your mum was able to kick your work-a-holic backside out to get some well deserved rest.

Keep save and please please blog and drop me the odd call when am in egypt as I will. May allah bless you on this trip and grant you his love,mercy and protection so that you come back to us even better then when you left.

Simply put I love you woman and May your lord also

8:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.
Now i don't even know u but i still want two or three gifts ok.

5:43 pm  
Blogger Ihsaan-the struggle said...

Salaamu aleykum sis, have a safe trip insha'allah and may Allah bring back in a better state than the one you were in when you departed

1:34 am  
Blogger Aya said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip! Enjoy the warm weather and time off and insha'allah come back rested.

4:22 pm  
Blogger wasmaniac said...

You have been warned its hot out there, sio?

9:23 am  
Blogger NATIVE said...

NM summed it all up.

Love you sis and may u have a safe trip and make sure you have loads of fun. For yourself and for me!

I always have you in my dua and will be missing your smiling face profusely!

Keep safe Idealist!

2:53 pm  
Blogger lostkitty said...

Ok well she is sat besides me so I can safely (NOT) say good riddance!

2:05 pm  
Blogger lostkitty said...

Ok Ok i was joking.... but our sis is seriously confused by the Godfathers drawing comments.... she wants u to remember she is a NURSE not an artist. Where did this rumor come from, who is the source (this is vicious!)?????

Also, she is excited now. Looking forward to going and I for one wish her all the best and am going to give her my CV to take with her!!!

2:07 pm  
Blogger SomvoorSomalië said...

@Ever The Idealist:

Although I am a total stranger to yoy, have a safe trip back and forth insha Allah. I would wish to hear a adhaan waking me out of my sleep, too...

From your oeght fi dien.

p.s.: @the_godfather: why say 'sources'? If it were those annoying voices in your head, just say so.... just kidding ^^.

9:54 pm  
Blogger NM said...

Godfather, i feel that i have to waited long enough for ETI to refute these rumours and the answer is simply can she heck!

Nope :)

i wouldn't relay on those sources...not every good

11:15 am  
Blogger The Godfather said...

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.....nice one NM.

1:17 pm  
Blogger insonia said...

salam sweety, how are you? hope you got there safe and well. the girls were here at the flat on sunday and you were in our thoughts.lets put it this way i kept calling mauri by your name (i dont think she appreciated it much!), well take care and have fun, ill speak to you real soon ia :)

7:22 pm  
Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

AA everyone. I am very touched by the msgs here (Godfather I am confused-you know you shouldnt pay attention to sources). Abu Dhabi has so far been what I had hoped for and more. Kitty and NM and Native I miss you soo much. All the others i dont miss you as much!lol! but I love the fact that you made duas and are wishing me well -May Allah reward you all IA.

Insonia-you sound like my flatmate!!!! I am right or just confused from the sun???
Deenooh-what would you like dude? might have to save it till you grace us in manchester tho. this site will not sign me on and I am having a hard time getting internet connection but boy do I have lots of wonderful tales to tell. Its just a different life here is all I can say and I have started job hunting - opportunities look real good here. keep in in your duas people,
Evertheidealist

9:45 am  
Blogger white african said...

sallam sweet stuff, i am back in manchester and to be honest its weird that you are not a few footsteps away from me sob sob..

not only do we take our life for granted we also take our friends for granted and appreciate them so much more when they are not around.

May Allah swt bring you back safely to us ever and may he always keep you happy and bless you ten folds.

sending you my love while you are where you are :)

2:34 pm  
Blogger insonia said...

salam sweety yes its me:), good to hear that your well and safe. well the kitten have arrived but i wont know if i get one until they are about 5 weeks old. in the mean time have fun stay safe and healthy. may allah always keep a smile on your face and happyness in your heart. speak to you soon ia.

8:22 pm  
Blogger evertheidealist said...

whiteafrican - salam hon. oh i am soo sad that i was not at the airport ready to greet you. sending you kisses and hugs over the waves. i am having fun here but i am missing you lot too much. i cant wait ill i am back.
flatmate - hows the house? how are the girls? i keep trying to get intouch but i am having problems with the time difference. i'll speak to you soon though iA

6:19 pm  
Blogger Firefly said...

Idealist,

Have a wonderful time!

8:17 pm  
Blogger insonia said...

salam love, been ages since we spoke hope your well, its been a long couple of weeks with work n all but got time today to message you, will call you on sun ia all being well. nm left today n its really dippressing :(. but will speak to you soon ia. take care

8:30 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home