Thursday, December 07, 2006

Life Changes

Everyone knows that life has a way of passing you by unless you take charge and decide what you are going to do with it. You make Dua and seek guidance and then you take the required action to get what you want. Well after 6 years I have finaly taken the plunge and joined the army!

I can imagine the gasps and ladies fainting...Men trying to remain composed...

It's not that bad and I feel that the army will have so much to offer me that would help me in my life both in my career and my commitment to my Deen.

The army will hopefully build my confidence, my discipline, my fitness level would certanly improve, my leadership skills would be one to contend with and most importantly it will be a great dawa opportunity.

With most of our parents generation this was a normal occurrence as they all had to join the forces for atleast a year when their education was complete and before they joined the work force. This was certanly the case with my own parents and I would like to follow in their foot steps (atleast this is what I am telling them).

I had the interview today and I will need to have another one witht the Field 207 Hospital in few weeks time Inshaallah. The base is next to where I live it turns out. I went all the way to Liverpool to attend this interview and I find out that my base will be a walking distance from me. Alhamdullilah.


All I need to do now is get fit...

9 Comments:

Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

let me be the fisrt to comment by saying 'I AM SORRY' to all those people who i did not include in my dicition making but it's cause i was scared that they would give me cause to think again. i have been thinking about it for 6 years no joke! i didnt mean to offend. i am sorry...

2:23 pm  
Blogger SleepDepraved said...

Whoa congrats there lady. Its always scary to start something new and Inshallah may it be rewarding.

4:11 pm  
Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

Thanks Depraved. I look forward to being challenged. Make lots of dua for me tho...

11:53 pm  
Blogger white african said...

LEEEEEEEFT LEEEEEEEEEEFT LEEEEEEEEEEFT RIGHT LEEEEEEEEEEFT

you have an atoms size of dirt on your left toe, as punishment you must run around the field 20,000 laps, go soldier now now NOW NOW NOW

9:39 am  
Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

Whatever Whitey. I am looking forward to the challenge. The only problem now realy is my fitness. I can hardly climb a flight of stairs without nearly passing out!!lol. Gym is needed pronto

11:03 am  
Blogger NM said...

Not to sound selfish or anything but now i really do know ppl in interesting place ;)

4:17 pm  
Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

I know what you mean NM. We'll see how long I last before they break me. I know I am strong tho so I might suprise people(Inshallah)

10:54 pm  
Blogger Monday's Child said...

WOW... way to go with the huge decision! It's scary I know... but sometimes you just have to jump in and hope for the best... Trust in God. Good Luck.

11:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hayaay, A soldierad is it, damn u brave sis, really brave, especially in this day and age. I guess u gonna be more a Doc soldier than it lessons the 'what if' questions.

Now Soldier !! move along

2:06 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home