Sunday, February 04, 2007

Pictures from Abu Dhabi



This is Ikea in a place called Marina Mall. As soon as I saw this I felt right at home!! They have wonderful cafes and shops there and it is only a short walk to the corniche (the beaches). As soon as my Aunt collected me from the Airport, she took me here a bought me a cool and refreshing cocktail. We sat and people watched for a good hour.


This is the house that I have been staying for the last three weeks. I fell in love with the city as soon as we left the Airport. I think that I had imagined as a dry and sandy place that I was just struck mute by the actual place.

This the pet of the house I have been staying at. She is called Tomika and mostly responds to it. She is a cool cat in the day but at night she changes and creeps the hell out of me. She scratches at my door and bangs her head against it to try and open it. She also looks like she is dead when she sleeps at night. I have taken to locking my door at night and putting weights against it!!!

One of my Aunt's friends invited us for breakfast and this is the view from her sitting room. She lives on the 21st floor in a large apartment. She is literally 2 minutes from the beach and gets this lovely sea air breeze from her window. Some people are just blessed.

This is my favourite picture so far in my holidays. It's our local masjid and it proclaims the Adhan ever so loudly. I even hear it at fajr and it wakes me up. I love hearing the Adhan everywhere I go. People turn off music and radio when it comes on. Imagine Trafford Centre and you are shopping - suddenly you can hear the Adhan and shops turn off the music and even close sometimes. It's a wonderful thing.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

salam sweety, wow! it all looks amazing, your so lucky to be in such a beautiful place. has it already been 3 weeks!?! it doesnt feel like it. what date are you due back on? and are you coming straight to the flat or you gonna be at your mums for the first couple of days?. coz if you comew back to the flat on the weekend then i can make dinner here for everyone (if its a weekend day). let me know asap. see you soon ia.

12:02 pm  
Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

anonymous are you my flatmate? I am trying to get an early flight back if it doesnt work out I will be with you on the night of the 12th. Next monday IA.You had a wonderful intention anyway hon.

1:41 pm  
Blogger NM said...

salam sweety! am sooooooo glad that your having fun. The adhan is so precious we dont realise what we miss out on!

5:02 pm  
Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

AA Nemo. How is Alexandria treating you my friend. I am realy having fun, it's just a different life here. How are the classes coming along? Are you speaking Arabic yet? Leave your contact details with your family or email me and I'll phone you soon IA. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

5:53 pm  
Blogger Soleilmavis said...

Nice blog.

5:24 am  
Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

Thanks Soleilmavis. I will read your blog soon InshaAllah.

7:08 am  
Blogger flowerlady said...

Yo girlie

can you give us a ring at home for england time 6ish pls.

mum wants to ask you sumthing,

2:48 pm  
Blogger NATIVE said...

The cat sounds freaky....I'm scared of cats.....would probably lock my door too. Monday the 12th? That's my b'day 'hint hint' :D

See u soon sis inshaAllah

6:49 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home