Saturday, July 15, 2006

Exploring Dublin


Turns out Dublin is not ALL about the khamra (alcohol!). It has been so cool to explore this wonderful city with the assisstance of HD and AD (the two little ones) they see everything with fresh eyes and they make me excited to be here.

So far we have taken a tour of the city in boat/car thing - it basicaly took us around the city and then around the river. It just dived into the water and its wheels vanished! We have visited their central mosque - it was a beauty. It looked like one of the mosques of Egypt or even Turkey. It is purpose built and looks amazing. People came for Juma prayers and stayed and chatted in the cafeteria. It's a proper Islamic Centre.

Our Aunty was envited to a dinner prior to our comming so she took us too. Its like our circles. They ate and chatted and had a couple reminders. They are how I see us in the next 10years. There is hope for us after all - once we have babies we might not vanish off the face of the earth. These women each had like two/three kids and the were loud but the circle continued regardless! I can't wait till I am home and I can upload the pictures.

Since that we have been asleep and reading the Quran. HD is wicked at the reading the Quran. The girl puts me to shame. Its never too late to restart the memorisation of the Holy Book.

We are now on our way to the wonderful (we hope) south of Ireland. We are leaving the city of Dublin behind and heading to better and bigger things!

Till next time people. SalamuAllah

2 Comments:

Blogger lostkitty said...

I cannot believe ur in Ireland!

how come?! How could u go and not even tell me?

What kind of sister are u????

(shocked face)

11:33 pm  
Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

I told you I was going to be spending the summer with my sister in Ireland. You never pay any attention to me!!! Anyways hope you are ok in London. I also told you I would be visiting you in London after I came back from Ireland?! Remember now?

12:17 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home