Tuesday, September 19, 2006



I had a wonderful night shift. If there exists such a thing.

I got to work nice and refreshed cause certain people kept me entertained and talking for most of the afternoon. I was on such a high cause we had finaly achieved one of our goals for our Scouts group - which was to open an account. Alhamdullilah that's done and dusted now.

I spent most of my time at work last night surfing the net and not just foir entertainment purposes but I managed to google a few medical conditions that were new to me.

I also found White African's latest blog piece and I nearly screamed with laughter. WA is absolutly wickedly funny woman. I look forward to this party now even more cause I would like to see how we manage in the end. We are Muslims tho and able tol adapt easily and manage whatever comes our way so I am sure my friends and two sisters will inshaAllah have nothing but a great time at the party.

Again my patients were wonderfull and mostly able to look after themselves apart from 1. If anyone was to search the duties of a nurse you would get a 100 things but I bet what I had to do lastnight would not even make the list if they stretched the list to 1000 duties a nurse may have. I wonder what possesses me when I carry out these jobs - only because it makes my patient feel better or such rubbish!

I was heading home this morning with all this stuff going through my mind when I boarded the bus and realised that there were about 10-15 lads sat scatered around. I mean none of them sat together although they were chatting to eachother throughout the bus journey. Am I missing something? Are lads allergic to one another now? I have brothers and I have never seen this practice before. Enlighten me people! Anyways it gets to nearly my stop when a little lad (probabily would not appriatiate been called this but he looked like my brother - tall, lanky and with lots of attitude!) boards and hands the driver a £10 note and says "50p" No "please" no nothing. Driver turns around and says "no change". The guy then shouts in the direction of the full bus "got any change, I'll pay you back at college". No-one seems to have change and they tell him so. The kid is about to get off when I get and say "it's only 50p". He looks at me and says "I'll pay you back MISS". Cute or what? Iam finaly getting addressed in the manner I want but then the driver feels for me or something and lets the kid off.

I sit back down and the kid comes back to front and says "safe". This guy who so resembles my brother Lahi and even speaks like him then goes to the back of the bus and gets asked questions about how he know me. He doesn't but he pretends to. Why? I wish I knew. Is it easier for him to accept kindness from some-one he knows rather than a stranger? Why did I bother to help even though it was only 50p? To be honest it's cause of the way the driver looked at him as if to say "disorganised black kid. Tenner is a fake anyways" I hate it when the youth are pinalised for looking a certain way or dresssing a certain way. We all do it, including myself. My brothers look like they are up t no good but they are GOOD lads and people just need to stop been obssessed with looks and see what right there infront of them.

A little kindeness can open such doors, it amazes me what people consider to be a big thing. Our prophet (SAW) was right that an act of charity, even a smile, has it's own great rewards.

Realy looking forward to this party now...

6 Comments:

Blogger NM said...

Excellent AD! congrats on acting upon your instincts to help the boy.

too many times we sit back and think about what to do instead of doing it

10:26 am  
Blogger NATIVE said...

^ hear hear.
People always assume things that are not neccessarily true....they judge ppl in 1 big lump because they dress in a certain way and talk in a certain way.....

Props for helpin the brotha AD.

I have a feeling the party is goin to be tight!

11:05 am  
Blogger NM said...

lol! no pun intended there Native? its going to be squeezyly swell

11:57 am  
Blogger Firefly said...

It's the fear of yobs. Makes people discriminate against young lads..especially when in groups or loitering.

12:21 pm  
Blogger white african said...

thats righ ad you tell say it sis,

its true though and we always get the butt of it as hijabis as well not much alhamdullilah but sometime syou can sense it although some times with us its the whole ' can you speeeeeak english' attitude lol.

im sure the kid appreciated it and his friends where like thats not fair, want free 50p as well, hey why dont you stand at the front of the bus next time and hand them out to all th ekids that look like they have stereotypes attache dto them...

yeh my camera is coming wid me sis seriously i gotta see this

12:58 pm  
Blogger white african said...

it was nice of you i forgot to add that part in, may your kindness be a path of guidness to him inshallah

12:59 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home