Saturday, October 07, 2006




Well it has been awhile again...


Lots have happened including the pre Ramadan party, the Stop the War in Manchester and lots of other little things but just not had time to sit and blog about. Doesn’t really matter though because people have blogged about it i.e. check out Nemo and White African’s blogs.



Guess what I found? For those that have missed the White African’s speech i.e. all of us who were stewarding at the march. Enjoy people. The girl made me proud.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeK9pOsz8D4


The most noticeable thing is that, of course, it’s Ramadan and has been for the last 15 days. I have been working nights through Ramadan and feel like I am cheating. I feel like I am not gaining anything and it’s scaring me. What if I don’t improve and better myself this Ramadan then I am a loser. I pray that Allah helps me to get pass this stage because I am really feeling low at the moment.


I have just come from the Radio station and it’s been great to spend the evening with White African, the Banker, MD, the Revert and Nemo. It’s been great to go back to the Radio and I didn’t realize how much I missed it till I went back. Hope Allah helps me get more out of my time and through this I might be able to the kiddies show maybe once/twice a week for the remaining time of Ramadan.

I do have something to be happy about though. I am seeing some really good friends tomorrow who I have not seen for a while. This is what Ramadan is about for me – making the ties of family and friendship stronger. With this in mind my plan is to contact everyone who I have neglected for the last few days/weeks/months/? years and catch up with them and hopefully re-establish the thing that made us close in the first place.

Can’t wait for these nights to be over so I can get back to a sort of ‘normal’ life.

There is Hope after all...

Can’t believe we are half way through Ramadan – make dua for me that this Ramadan does help our Iman and we live to see the next blessed Ramadan InshaAllah.

3 Comments:

Blogger SleepDepraved said...

Mashallah inspiring speech by your friend. Inshallah you will be able to garner something yet from this Ramadhan, be patient.

1:28 am  
Blogger NATIVE said...

It will be nice to hear u on Radio Ramadan again...

Hope u had a great time with the friends :)

When r u comin off these nights?

WA speech was very inspiring mashaAllah!

Hey....u still hav 2weeks more of Ramadhan to make a difference so stop getting down homie. InshaAllah u will reap some benefits from this month!

hope 2 see u soon...inshaAllah

5:47 am  
Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

Sleepdepraved - InshaAllah. Thanks guys. I think it's just the nights getting to me. I sometimes realy hate been a nurse-it doesn't seem worth it.


Native - InshaAllah I'll get my act together. I finish the nights on the 30th. Got Eid off tho something to be greatful for. I see you soon InshaAllah

9:46 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home