Monday, February 05, 2007

Crazy World



Behead Muslims who join the army, says notorious preacher. The banned group leader calls them 'apostates'.
One of Britain's most notorious Islamist Preachers warned that any Muslim who joins the army should expect to be beheaded.


I have not read the news or watched for the last 3 blissful weeks. I had to of course pick today to read the news for a nice late breakfast at just before mid-day. I had enjoyed my lie in today. I woke up refreshed and full of energy.
I was having my peppermint tea when I got to the UK section of the Gulf News which my Uncle gets delivered every morning.

Actually before this article I had read of an article where 3 16 year old boys had raped and beat a 10 your old boy from their school. This did not happen in the US or the UK. It had happened right here the UAE - in Abu Dhabi to be specific.
I was already regretting reading the news as it wiped off my wonderful glow of being rested and happy. I liked living in that ignorance. My friend teases me that I have a weak soul as I tend to remove those things that I think harm me rather than deal with them as an adult who is control of herself. I, for instance, have no TV in my home as I had a horrid addiction to it and rather than curb myself and say 'I'll only watch certain things' I got rid and have stayed away. If that is weak I am cool with weak as it saves me anyway.


Getting sidelined there...


This article basically said that Omer Bakri who was the leader of a group called Al Muhajiroun had said ' Muslims who join any army that are terrorists killing their brothers and sisters'. He has endorsed the killing of the Muslim soldiers. He seems to think this a fair and just way to deal with something he sees as wrong. He is doing this in the name of Islam and people would believe it and think this is Islam.
I am tired of so called leaders of every group under the sun saying they are doing the will of Allah and following the Quran and following the ways of our beloved Prophet (SAW) when they are doing anything but.
Under neath this article was a two line thing about arrests made in Birmingham regarding a bunch of young Muslim boys who had followed this loons advice and had apparently tried to kidnap a Muslim soldier on leave there and planned to behead him.
Now tell me whats wrong with that picture???? One thousand and one things obviously. The ones that jump to my mind are - how could a group of Muslim young men follow this obviously deluded man and try to kidnap a Muslim soldier and plan on beheading him. How would they justify it? How could they say what they are doing is within the realm of Islam??

The answer to that is simple - they can't.

As a person who has planned on joining the army - this has me worried. Whats wrong with our young people? I still consider myself to be young and I can't even think of any way I would end up in the position these boys are. Where did things go wrong that these boys were left open to this incomprehensible idea. How did this man get inside these boys heads?
As Muslims we tend to be suspicious of news - I at least am so forgive me for generalising. If this crime was like all the other things that British young Muslims had been accused of ( and they have been false and no apology has been forthcoming) then I am even more worried. I have no real faith in my government and certainly on in the newspapers. I think I just believed this cause it touched too close to home. I am worried as it is about the army. Something I will be part of real soon.


This has kinda put a damper on my holidays. We are having sand storms here at the moment.

Today is my first day here that I have stayed indoors and I am feeling confined...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salaams dear ... take a breather and never read news again while u are vacating, that the whole purpose of the whole trip so can take break from it all.

And for the issue at hand ... these days whenever a group of young Muslims get arrested for terrorist related matter i just ignore it, since is just another fabiricated and most likely invented case to boost the case against Islam in general and is just the Police and media doing their part .. so take this case with a pinch of salt.

As for Muslims joining the British army, i think there is good case why one should not join ( but thats another debate altogether )

4:53 pm  
Blogger NM said...

hmm...echo's of a psychotic world eh!

But your on holiday so enjoy the late mornings and even the confinment sometimes its great just to stay in your pj's all day :)

we are having a freeze here and being so close to the sea you can feel the wind and rain, the rain reminded me of home and when everyone was running for cover i was enjoying a walk (amshi the verb for i walk) :)

9:49 am  
Blogger white african said...

wow ever, i think you should read the news, we gotta be on top of whats being said about us so that we can defend ourselves in words if need be.

when i was doing hajj i missedout on the news for like 2 weeks, it was only when we got to madina in the hotel did i come to know that somali was attacked.

its depressing and frustrating but we have to know whats happening.

enjoy the rest of the trip, dont let it get you down :)

9:53 am  
Blogger flowerlady said...

check email to see if its worked,

11:08 am  
Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

Dee nooh- I can't ignore the news as if what they are reporting is wrong then we need to do something about it. We might have to have that discussion about muslims and the army real soon tho bro :)

NM - I did enjoy the confinement in the end. Today is my 3rd day of not leaving the house... I am going out tonight IA. Enjoy the rain while it lasts hon.

WA - I am continuing to read the news. I have even sent a coment via the net regarding one article on the Somalia situation. They have a whole section for it in the Gulf News.

FL - Will do IA.

We are stll having sand storms. It's so cool to watch the sand wip up and cover buildings - it's like the fog at home...

6:34 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home