Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Pictures from Abu Dhabi continued...

This is picture taken while my aunt was driving at 120 miles per hour! What you can see in the distance is Dubai. It was amazingly warm day without being stifling. We drove for about an hour to get the place called Ibn Batuta Mall. The mall is just amazing. It has 4 or 5 different country themes. The is the China section which you can recognise by the Chinese style entrance and hall. There is Persian, Egyptian and Moroccan sections and some sections that I can't remember.


This a picture taken outside the mall yet again showing Dubai in the far of distance. The place was just lovely.

This is the hall of the China section. Here were suppose to be mostly Chinese shops selling Chinese wares. Obviously as people here seem to adore Italian furniture that seem to be a big section of China! Go figure. I had nice fresh mango and avocado juice here in cafe just off the entrance. We were waiting for the desert safari man to come and collect us. He did come to pick us up on time but we had two more people to pick up and it took him another hour and thirty minutes to locate the two people. I could have screamed (not sure if I didn't). We finally set of at 5pm instead of the planned 330pm. I was sat in the front seat so that I could get the best view while dune bashing. We went up and down dudes that were suppose to be tame but were terrifying for me a novice at all this action. I felt positively travel sick and once we had stopped to takes pictures I swapped seats with one of the other passengers only to find out that it's not that much better to sat in the back.

Here is picture I took of the desert. It was a quite green desert and had shrubs and what looked like lemon bushes growing around the place. Check out the camel farm in the background. The people here get an allowance for raining camels. My aunt compared it to the child allowance we get in England!LOL!

This is a picture of the sunset. We had bee driving round the dunes for about an hour. Some drivers got stuck in the sand (one inexperienced driver managed to get stuck twice and had to be rescued by our driver.



This picture of the camp where we were to have dinner and 'entertainment'!!


The meal was wonderful really. I had the vegetarian option as I got so much meat while I have been here. I got questioned by two workers about my being a vegetarian. They seem to think you had to be vegetarian to enjoy the nice food with out meat! People are certainly strange in the country.


This is our driver serving me traditional coffee. Khahwa I think it's called. Boy was it strong hence the tiny cups. I had dates to go with it as it was also quite bitter.

I am sat where the men are suppose to be. I was the twin bride when I noticed them get up and go some place. I obviously had to take advantage and sit in their place if only to take some photos. I did get carried away and forgot to leave so that when I saw them walking towards us the twin was desperately shouting for me to get up and give them their place back and me being me just remaining sitting thinking they might sit further down the tent.

Well it appears it was not to be as they stared at me and walked past to nowhere in particular!! I had scared them off and according to the twin they were too polite to request the seats back. I was doubled over in laughter. I looked around and realised I was the only female sat in this particular tent as the twin had abandoned me and was standing a little away and frowning at me! Oh the joys of pretending to be an ignorant never seize to amaze me.
This is picture that was taken at a place called Global Village just outside of Dubai. Its part of the Shopping Festival that Dubai holds every year. It's a massive place that has representation from all over the world and as its name suggests it is a global village. We travelled from Syria in Jordon and crossed over to China and then went to India via the back door!!! LOL!! Its was hilarious! This is obviously a picture of the entrance of Nepal which I didn't visit actually. Maybe next year IA.

This is a picture inside the India pavilion at Global Village. We just had fleeting glance at it.


Till next time blogger lets me upload pics.

I only have two more days here now so will probably not get a chance to put the rest of pictures up before home time. I can't wait to be back home in the clod and the snow (hope it has snowed in Manchester).

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Overnight desert safari Abu Dhabi is the joyful activity for all the tourists and it gives great environment ...before it you have enjoy to adventuring and experience by drive 4*4 and camel riding.Thanks for sharing.

Oernight desert safari Abu Dhabi

9:57 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home