Friday, May 25, 2007

All the years...


Got to think about where life is heading. Got to thinking today while talking to a student that while we always think ourselves young and with it, we are in reality growing older and getting so far removed from things than we ever think! Life is funny that way. I look at the students day in and day out and think to myself "why are you guys doing this to yourselves?" are they nuts or is it me getting jaded without knowing it?


I am well into my quarter of century of life and I have no idea what I have done so far. Nothing other than faith seems to last. Family is changing everyday as am I always. Work and friends evolve and although some stay constant in some ways they still change on you. I am just caught up with one change when something else creeps up.


I am been put in a position at the moment where I have to make a decision about my life. I have prayed Istikhara almost after every salah. I am comfortable with the decision I am about to make but not certain without a shadow of a doubt. I have involved parents and friends and as much as they have advised they are leaving me to make this decision. I like the way they have advised and ultimately it is my decision and I understand that you can't know everything and you have to make some decisions on a little bit of knowledge and lots of faith but I am afraid. I am terrified of making a mistake. What happens if I jump in or even if I hesitate and things don't work out? Where does that leave me?
On a nice note I have finished the book I was reading (The Book of Lost Things) and I have to say I am so pleased with it. I have never read such a satisfying ending as this end. It was glorious. For once I did not have to embellish the ending to satisfy me. Its just brilliant. I am gonna start on another John Connolly book soon IA Ameen.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

salaamu claykum sis

well just say ' i do ' and all will be well inshallah.

Watever decision it is, one can never be 100% certain of wat the future holds, so place ur trust in Allah and and decide whichever way u see fit ... am sure u are wise enuff to have figured from all corners.

7:33 pm  
Blogger NM said...

lol, dee nooh you caught on rather quickly. sweeties you know my thoughts on the matter just as i know your thoughts on my matter so ultimatly after the istikhara its do what feels good right. change is ineviatable but i hope things don't change to much and distance doesn't creep up between us i love you too much and am being selfish i know but i want to keep you :)

8:30 pm  
Blogger lostkitty said...

u've done istikhara, now all u have to do is trust in Allah - i kno i kno, look who's talking?

btw, hav i missed sumthing.... wat decision????

11:41 pm  
Blogger Hopeless Dreamer said...

hey...loved your blog...i thought alot about what u wrote and i believe every1 must go through that moment (a decision that might change your life ect...)but as long as u prayed istekhara,,nd feel good about u've decided..khalaa9..nothing more u can do,,and worrying 2 much is not going to help..just have faith in Allah sob7anaa...AND i hope everything works out for the best for you:)

12:13 am  
Blogger Ever The Idealist said...

Jazakallah khair guys for your comments. Deenoh you are one quick brother. I will at one time have to say 'i do' in my life but will have to be certain about things before hand.
Nemo - how could you think anything would creat distance between us eh? we are friends now and will be always IA Ameen (Egypt is far but we maintain our friendship right?)
Kitty - I have to get you caught up witht he changes that have been taking place in Evers world soon IA.
Hopeless Dreamer - thanks for the complement and hpe you enjoy reading it for a long time. Istikhara I feel is working and you are def right and things will IA Ameen workout for the best.

4:08 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home